How do I schedule an appointment with a SIMED provider or service?
You can request an appointment several ways.
- Online - Click on the "Request An Appointment" button on the main page or divisional pages of this website. You will be asked to provide some basic information so that we can direct your request appropriately. A scheduling team member will contact you from the provider's office within 24-28 business hours or less!
- By Phone - You can find the contact information for each location by clicking on Contact Us or by visiting the division's webpages.
- Physician Referral - Your doctor can refer you to one of our providers. You can request that your healthcare provider refer you to a SIMED physician. Once we receive the referral from their office we will contact you with the information provided to schedule your appointment.
- In Person - Stop by any of our locations to request an appointment.
Yes! Many of our providers offer same day or next day appointments. If you feel you need to be seen on the same day please let us know and we will make every effort to schedule your appointment for the same day. With same day appointments you may not get your first choice in provider but you will be seen by a member of the SIMED healthcare team and we will be able to communicate directly with your regular provider.
I see several SIMED providers. Can I coordinate my appointments so I only have to make one trip?
Yes! One of the benefits to SIMED's multi-specialty approach is our ability to coordinate your care. Let us know when you call for an appointment and our team will work with you to arrange your doctor's appointments, diagnostic testing or physical therapy to better suit your schedule.
Why am I being asked to provide a credit card number for my appointment?
This policy is in place to ensure that all of our patients receive timely appointments with their providers.
What is your cancellation policy?
We request minimmally 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment. If 24 hours notice is not provided a $50 cancellation fee may be charged to your credit card.
I'm a new patient. What should I bring with me for my first appointment?
Welcome! We're glad you've placed your trust in SIMED for your healthcare needs. In most cases, you will want to bring with you:
- A picture ID such as a driver's license
- A copy of your insurance card
- Any medical records including imaging studies (X-Rays, MRI's, CT scans) or reports.
- A list of your current medications
- Information about your health history such a previous surgeries
- Method of payment for your visit (cash, check, or credit card)
To see more information on our Medical Records policies, please click here.
What insurances do you take? What methods of payment do you accept?
For a complete list of insurance carriers we are credentialed with and methods of payment, please click here.
What are my rights and responsibilities as a patient?
Click here to see the Florida Patient Bill of Rights & Responsibilities.
Whom should I call if I have more questions?
Contact your doctor's office. The staff or Office Manager will be able to answer any additional questions.
What hospitals are your physician affiliated with?
Many of our doctors are credentialed with the following hospitals. To find out which ones your provider admits or treats patients at, please contact your doctor's office directly.
|Gainesville / Lake City / Chiefland||Ocala||The Villages|
Do any of your providers see patients at Nursing Homes?
Yes! Many of our doctors and their teams oversee patient care at the following nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities. To find out which ones your provider admits or treats patients at, please contact your doctor's office directly.
You may contact our Accounts Receivable department for assistance on making payments, checking on a balance, or setting up other financial arranagements. They can be reached at (352) 373-6338.
I have a general question and would like to speak with someone. Whom should I call?
You are always welcome to contact the Manager for each of our locations. Simply contact your provider's office and ask to speak with the Supervisor or Division Manager. Additionally, you may call our Administration team at (352) 224-2200. We will be glad to answer any questions or direct you to the person who can best assist you.